That writing bug has hit me again...

I am finally recovering from a really, really long spell of writer's block. I have some good ideas swirling around in my brain. Think "Dreamcatcher", Jonesy's brain. That's how mine is. Well I'm wanting to do a Victorian Historical Romance series with a serious action/adventure edge. I'm thinking it's going to have some elements of the Orient, complete with stolen swords. Actually I have at least ten Victorian books in me since I love that time period. There's so many opportunities. Egypt, China, and that's not even talking Scottish men! Think Gerard Butler and a bluestocking spinster chock full of Victorian moral sensibilities. Intriguing.... Now I just need to set my arse down and write.

Also I discovered a new classic Horror writer: George MacDonald, who happens to be a Christian writer. I need to pick him up. He has a book called Lilith, based on the old myth about Adam's wife. It's guaranteed to be an interesting read. He also does the fairy tale bent. The Princess and the Goblin was endorsed by one of the members of my Victorian Romance Yahoo group.

I am torn. I want to pursue my horror writing leaning but also I am firmly rooted in my romantic writing urges. I just need to get my life settled so my mind will let me write. I know, you have to make time for writing. But where is the time in my life?

I am sticking to my guns and gluing my buns to the chair...other than checking email that is...I'm going to post on my blog and write, damn it! Blank page, look out!!!

Comments

Unknown said…
Yes Danielle you do have to sit down and write!!! Anything based on Gerry Butler has to be good writing. I'm looking forward to reading it. Much as its damn hard work its so much fun when the writing bug does hit. Hugs, Deb xxx
Danielle said…
you can do it!

I believe in you.

danielle

Popular posts from this blog