I read Lawless a couple of weeks ago. It was wonderful and engrossing. Diana Palmer just gets better and better. I love her ability to make us fall in love with her characters, flaws and all. I enjoyed Christabel and Judd, but I especially love Cash Grier. He's such an amazing character. He's got a seductive, enigmatic air. He also had a tenderness about him that was appealing. I must admit for a little while, I was more enamored of Chrissy and Cash as a couple then Judd and Chrissy, but eventually Judd proved his worthiness. Thanks to the little tidbits about Cash, I am doing something I rarely do. I'm going to buy a hardcover book, Renegade. This is Cash Grier's story and I must have it. I know it's expensive, but Cash is worth it, and I'm dying to read his story and see him get his happy ending with Tippy, who was briefly introduced in Lawless.
Lawless had wonderful exposition, storytelling, and sensuality. There's definitely something about Diana Palmer's ability to write love scenes. They are never explicit but they always involve the reader. This book definitely that some great love scenes. Even the mystery plot was more developed then usual. Normally Diana's books are light on this but I can see that she's feeling more comfortable with these types of storylines.
Overall, I have to give Lawless an A+. It goes on the list as one of my all-time faves by a favorite author of mine. The hours that I spent reading it were pure, wondrous enjoyment. And thankfully, I have Renegade to look forward to...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog