I just want you to know that I'm totally hooked on the Sherrilyn Kenyon Dark Hunter books. I've tried but I can't stop reading them. I'm on Kiss of the Night right now, and although Dance With the Devil is still my favorite, I love how each book reveals a new layer.

Zarek's story made me sob. I wanted to ease all his pain. I have never been so glad for a happy ending. It's so terrible the cruelty that man is capable of. Zarek's whole life was misery upon misery. He was horribly beaten and scarred. Maimed even. It makes me cry to think about it. I know that Jesus would have enfolded him in His big arms and held him tight against his chest.

The books have a lot of paganism in them, being as they are based on ancient mythology. For myself as a Christian this is a different world. I'm glad that I have my background in mythology and watching Hercules and Xena or it would have turned me off. But one thing to say for the books, it has sparked my interest in ancient history. I always was a world history lover but I'm tempted to find a great big world history book and read it from cover to cover.

I must say I have great admiration for Ms. Kenyon as a writer. I love how she created a new world with intricate mythology (admittedly taken from existing myths-but richly elaborated upon). I was already positively prejudiced towards the books by the fact that I love her MacCallister series written as Kinley MacGregor. I loved Sin but my true love is for the ultimate of tortured heroes, my darling Zarek, whom I want to enfold in my arms and love like a hurt, abandoned child.
I went off on a tangent there. But if you've read the books, you'll feel me.

Boy am I glad that there are infinite dark hunter tales to tell...I would pine otherwise.

D..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog