Tis the Season


Have I mentioned that Christmas is my favorite holiday? Well it most definitely is. I love the Christmas season, although it can be very stressful. Although I get a little stressed when I see that everyone has their decorations up and I don't yet, I love driving around and seeing the Christmas lights and decorations. It reminds me that there is light in the darkness. That there is always hope. It reminds me to take time out of my busy schedule and enjoy the beauty of life.


I thought I'd list some reasons why I love Christmas:



  • It celebrates the birth of my savior, Jesus Christ

  • It's an opportunity to give of ourselves to others (I love shopping for other people's gifts)

  • It's fun and happy and allows the inner child to come out to play

  • It allows me to be creative and crafty

  • I get a day off from work (sad but true that this is important to me)

  • Christmas cookies and candy (enough said)

  • Presents under the tree and the excitement of not knowing what's in that wrapping paper until you open it on Christmas day

  • Nothing brightens the house like Christmas decorations (ah the beauty of them)

  • The sense of excitement knowing the Christmas is approaching

  • Time spent with family and friends

  • Singing and listening to Christmas songs and carols

  • The feeling of goodwill that Christmas engenders in people

  • Christmas movies and shows (It's a Wonderful Life, A Christmas Carol, the claymation Christmas shows, Charlie Brown Christmas)

  • A table groaning with Christmas feasts

Well I think that's a good list for now. Maybe I'll think of more reasons. But I really want to take the time to say, remember that Christmas should be about fun and joy. Don't let worry and stress mess it up for you. Let the inner child come out and remember the simple beauty of the time. Let that be your best Christmas present this year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog