I Know My Fairy Name and Other Useless Ramblings

Well this last two weeks has kicked my butt. I have tried to go to bed a little earlier and that has helped. I had to work all day Saturday so I didn't get that day to chill. It was worth it because I missed being in the clinic and also I got paid money that I can put towards the Vegas trip.

I did not go to the movies this weekend. I did not watch any movies this weekend. I did finish a book on Sunday, Beguiled by Arnette Lamb. It was very good, and reaffirmed my desire to be a woman of purpose. It's hard sometimes being someone who is motivated and willing to work hard. You get tired and you get discouraged. You wonder what are you missing out there when you have to be in bed ideally by 10am (never happens really), and get up early. And when you work a lot and don't party at all.

Then people say, you need to get out more. What if you're too darn tired to get out? How fun is it to stand around a party and do a zombie impression? If you are extroverted you might get some energy from that. If you are introverted, it will just suck away any energy you have left.

The older you get, the more pressure people put on you to date. I know I'm getting old. But right now I'm too tired to try to date right now. Too bad because I got a good match (on the dating site which will go unnamed) but I just don't have the energy.

It hurts when people judge you and tell you that you aren't trying hard enough to be social. That you are on a bad path when you want to stay at home and rest. Well, sometimes I feel so tired I feel like I will close my eyes and never wake up. If I'm that tired, maybe I need to stay home and chill. I just remind myself that I know myself better than anyone else does. Advice helps, but it doesn't always come from the right frame of reference.

Some good things that happened to me last week/this past weekend:
  • I got a relief day and got to see everyone at my relief job (haven't seen them in nine months. It was a good day. Rather tiring but good all the same).
  • I got to go to the used bookstore and use the last of my coupons for 15% off (sob)
  • I found the Wold Newton biographies based on popular characters like Tarzan and Fu Manchu for $7 something (before coupon). Score!!!!
  • I found Lover Unbound by JR Ward for $1 at the bookstore (for my mom since I bought this book twice already and gave one to my sister)
  • I also bought another copy of Nightlife by Rob Thurman for $1 (before discount) so I can reread it without digging out my other copy
  • Found an anthology with an Anne Stuart for $1 (before discount). It has Chain of Love, which I don't have. Score!!!! Used bookstores rock. Just be patient!
  • My mother had a great birthday and enjoyed her cake. She was very happy.
  • My boss came by Friday and I didn't get yelled at (I have this irrational fear of being yelled and/or fired. I don't know why since I work my arse off).
  • I found out Sarah Connor Chronicles will have a full season! Yay!
  • I decided what I would write my novel about for NaNoWriMo, and I am very jazzed and excited about it
  • I got a position as a reviewer for a paranormal/urban fantasy website
  • I did work on editing my manuscript a little this past week.
  • Watched a little of a Duran Duran concert for Red Carpet Massacre while I ate a Buttermilk Spice muffin from Mimi's Cafe that my sister got me. I slathered it with butter, threw it in the microwave for 30 seconds and drank some hot chocolate with it. Yum! The magic is still there. I am still deeply in love with this band, and particularly Roger Taylor and John Taylor. Sigh!
  • I got a glimpse of Primeval and it looks like Claudia is back, but Nick apparently is sucked into another time dimension. Crap! They need to be together!!!!
  • My cat is still hanging in there. I worry that she is fading sometimes, but she seems to be doing okay. She's a trooper. I just have to enjoy her while I have her (the pain in the butt she is).
  • Last but not least, I found out that my fairy name is Oak Goblinfrost (the more I hear the more I love it). I fall deeper in love with Faery every day, as you probably noticed.

So all in all, it was a good week. I managed to get out of bet at 4:20am and I wasn't too tired. I was actually more alert than I was on Saturday morning waking up at 7am. Go figure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog